theundercovermom

Monday, July 03, 2006

THE BASKETBALL DIARIES

If you think this post is going to be about my secret passion for the game of b-ball, then think again. It's about a visit I paid to the Waldbaums in Southhampton yesterday where I was hit in the produce section by a flying basketball. Why would a basketball be anywhere near the honey dew melons, I'm sure you're asking yourself. Well your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that I was minding my own business, picking out some peaches, plums and all that other great summer fruit of the season when I glanced over to see a grown man having a catch with his teenage son in the aisle I was about to enter. At first, I thought to myself, "now that's pretty strange," but moved on since I'm a New Yorker and nothing really phases me. That is, until Bozo the basketball player decided to throw the ball to his son and it hit me in the leg! Now, I wasn't injured or anything by this accident in aisle 3, but what if I were an old woman with a walker? What if I was ambling down the aisle with my walker and basketball man through his ball, it hit me in the leg, I tripped, fell on the floor and broke my hip? Pretty big what it, but it could happen. Lesson of the day...keep the basketballs on the court or in a playground and stay away from the melons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View blog reactions