theundercovermom

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Equi-Not

I am hereby fed up with my gym. I hardly go, they charge me a gazillion dollars a month for the two times I'm there, and they just sent me a notice in the mail that they're about to raise their prices! Meanwhile, the place is always packed to the gills with cosmetic surgery plagued women who now have the figures of teenage girls, but that's a whole different story. I actually went to the gym this week and attempted to get on the first treadmill I saw. Unfortunately, it was broken. So I went to another one. Missing the thing-a-ma-jig that connected to the TV set so I couldn't use that one either. Went to a third and that too was on the fritz. This gym, in a word, blows. It's allegedly one of the best gyms out there and yet their equipment is constantly breaking down, the place is always crowded and the women are as plastic as my overused credit cards. I should cancel my membership and every so often I get up out of bed, throw on my workout clothes, determined to quit the gym once and for all. And then I think to myself, do I really want to go through the hassle of joining another gym that I won't go to and then will find a million reasons why that gym stinks too? So I'll keep going from time to time to this one. Maybe I'll even get in shape while I'm there. Okay, that's crazy talk. Let them fix the treadmill and the speaker thing and then maybe I'll carry my end of the bargain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View blog reactions